The thing is that for most women their vagina is not a visible part like for men and this makes intimate concerns worse. In fact, there are no standard dimensions of intimate parts because the size of vagina varies from one woman to another. Women's genitals consist of outer and inner labia, clitoris and vagina. The appearance of the external and inner intimate parts can be absolutely different for different women and this does not mean that there is something wrong with your genitals.
The Average Size of Vagina
The size of vagina will be also different depending on the state of sexual arousal. In a relaxed state average vagina length will be around 3 to 4 inches and can increase up to 5-6 inches during arousal. The average vaginal width in relaxed state is less than an inch and during arousal around 1 to 2 inches.
It is important to note that vagina is highly elastic and have the ability to stretch, which enables a woman to accommodate any penis size and even baby during childbirth. The opening of the vagina is usually narrower than its back end.
Vagina Size: Too Big
Unlike common belief, more sex doesn't affect the size of vagina. The size of vagina can change after childbirth because the vaginal muscles undergo serious expansion. Women, who had difficult and prolonged labor or suffered from the damage of these muscles, are more likely to be concerned about the big size of their vaginas. They may experience such symptoms as urinary incontinence due to worse bladder control, vaginal flatulence, when air gets into vagina, creating "farting" sound and decreased sexual satisfaction during intercourse.
If you think that your vaginal size is too big or your vaginal muscles become loose, you can do the following:
- Practice pelvic floor exercises. Just like any other muscles, your pelvic floor can be improved by doing simple exercises. You will need to squeeze your pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to stop urinating for 10 seconds and relax. Do these exercises repeatedly for 10 and more times several times per day. It is important to exercise your pelvic floor regularly in order to achieve the results.
- Use Kegel excersiser. You can also do pelvic floor exercisers using a special device that trains your vaginal muscles. Kegel Exercisors are shaped to fit your vagina and make exercising even more effective as you tighten your vaginal muscles against a resistance.
- Vaginal surgery is one of the options for women with big size of vagina. During this procedure the loose tissues are tightened.
Vagina Size: Too Small
Some women are worried that their vaginal size is too small, which may create certain discomfort during sex. Women may complain about painful sensations or inability to have an intercourse and difficulties inserting tampons.
In most cases, their size of vagina is quite average, but these women may suffer from the condition called vaginismus, when vaginal muscles become involuntary tightened during sex. The small size of the vagina can be also caused by the fact that vagina is shaped in such a way that it creates the sensation of smallness.
- If you think that your vagina size is small, it is better to consult your doctor to find out what cuases your problem.
- If you have vaginismus, certain techniques can be practiced to allow penetration and increase sexual pleasure.