According to EWG report only one in five out of 600 sunscreens were considered safe enough to use for sun protection. The best EWG sunscreens contain fewer harmful ingredients and provide broad-spectrum protection. Most of them contain zinc or titanium minerals as an active ingredient that reduces UV exposure.
The sunscreen guide gives general recommendations to use protective clothes, including hat and shirt, avoid sunscreen sprays and such ingredients as retinyl palmitate or vitamin A and oxybenzone, which is a hormone disruptor.
The list of the best sunscreens with broad-spectrum protection included:
1. Alba Botanica Sun: Mineral Sunscreen, Fragrance-Free, SPF 30
2. Aubrey Organics Natural Sun Unscented Sensitive Skin/Children Sunscreen, SPF 30+
3. Aveeno Baby Natural Protection Mineral Block Face Stick SPF 50
4. Badger Sunscreen, Unscented, SPF 30+
5. California Baby No Frangrance Sunscreen Lotion, SPF30+
6. Climb On! Mineral Sunblock SPF 30
7. Karen's Botanicals Simple Sunblock Lotion, Unscented, SPF 30
8 .Loving Naturals Sunscreen, SPF 30 plus
9. Sun Putty Face SPF 30
10. Vanicream Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin, SPF 30
The complete list of best EWG sunscreens you can find here