63
votes

7 Most Common Mistakes While Using the Condom

Dec 11, 2009
Most condom failures happen because of the incorrect use of the condom, rather than defects in the condom itself. The condom breakage or slippage may lead the risk of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. That's why it is important to use condom correctly, avoiding the most common mistakes with condom use:

1. Using the wrong lubricant with the condom

Condoms are compatible with water-based lubricants and most condoms that are sold to the users are already lubricated. If you want to add additional lubrication, make sure you do not use oil-based lubricants, such as baby oils, vaseline, petroleum jelly, massaging oils and other. The thing is that oil-based lubricants can damage the latex material of the condom.

2. Opening the package with sharp objects

When you put on a condom, it is important to open the package correctly. To open a condom package you need to tear it carefully along the edge. Common mistakes that happen while opening the condom package include the use of sharp objects, such as scissors or tearing the package with teeth or fingernails. This can lead to minor cuts that can result in condom breakage. Be aware if your partner has pierced genitals as they can also damage the condom.

3. Leaving air at the tip of the condom

It is important to leave some space at the tip of the condom. You need to squeeze the tip of the condom not to leave air as you put on the condom to the head of the penis. If you do not leave some space at the tip of the condom, there will be not enough room for the ejaculate, which may lead to condom breakage.

4. Using the condom too early or too late

The condom should be put on before penetration, when the penis is already erect. The most common mistakes with the condom use here is putting the condom on after starting sex and removing it before the intercourse is over. If a man puts on a condom after penetration, it is possible that pre-ejaculate contains some fluids that increase the risk of infection or unwanted pregnancy. If a man removes condom before he ejaculates, there is a risk of ejaculation if he does not withdraws in time or pre-ejaculate coming in contact with the partner's genitals.

5. Unrolling the condom incorrectly

Make sure the condom is right side up before unrolling it. If you van put on a condom quite easily, you are using the condom correctly. Also unroll the condom all the way down to the base of the penis. This will prevent the condom from slipping off and will reduce the risk of transmission of STD's.

6. Reusing the condom

Use the condom only once for every sexual intercourse. It is a mistake to use condom twice or more time even if you did not ejaculate in the condom. First of all, it is quite hard to put on an unrolled condom. Also, the used condom is become dried off and are not comfortable to wear and increases the risk of tears. The reused condom can also contain pre-ejaculate, which poses the risk for the partner.

7. Withdrawing the condom incorrectly

Hold onto the rim of the condom and remove penis while it is still erect. If you do not hold onto the condom, you have higher risk of condom slippage or leakage. Make sure not to spill the ejaculate. Throw away the condom, but do not flush the condom down the toilet.

Related:


Dec 29, 2015 02:09 AM » posted by: Enver
Hi Guys,Just passed my ICND1 exam woo hoo !!!. I used Trainsignal, CBT, Ciscopress & P4S ver 3 i had 70% from P4S but the other 30% were <a href="http://hmzjdttvb.com">unwnkons</a> well off to do my ICND2 i must say you have to understand the fundamentals if anyone has any question please let me know.Regards,AR

Dec 29, 2015 02:09 AM » posted by: Enver
Hi Guys,Just passed my ICND1 exam woo hoo !!!. I used Trainsignal, CBT, Ciscopress & P4S ver 3 i had 70% from P4S but the other 30% were <a href="http://hmzjdttvb.com">unwnkons</a> well off to do my ICND2 i must say you have to understand the fundamentals if anyone has any question please let me know.Regards,AR

Dec 29, 2015 02:09 AM » posted by: Enver
Hi Guys,Just passed my ICND1 exam woo hoo !!!. I used Trainsignal, CBT, Ciscopress & P4S ver 3 i had 70% from P4S but the other 30% were <a href="http://hmzjdttvb.com">unwnkons</a> well off to do my ICND2 i must say you have to understand the fundamentals if anyone has any question please let me know.Regards,AR

Dec 26, 2015 12:12 PM » posted by: Shiva
It's really sad when girls act like this. Everything your anctreoss fought for, to have the same rights as men, is wasted as soon as you start to degrade yourself. The reason a gynecocracy would never happen is because of all these dumb women right here. I am proud of who I am, and I sure as hell hope that this video will serve as a reminder to impressionable girls everywhere what the dangers of obsessing over your image are. http://hkdfplkhehw.com [url=http://fnksgn.com]fnksgn[/url] [link=http://uzyhest.com]uzyhest[/link]

Dec 26, 2015 12:12 PM » posted by: Shiva
It's really sad when girls act like this. Everything your anctreoss fought for, to have the same rights as men, is wasted as soon as you start to degrade yourself. The reason a gynecocracy would never happen is because of all these dumb women right here. I am proud of who I am, and I sure as hell hope that this video will serve as a reminder to impressionable girls everywhere what the dangers of obsessing over your image are. http://hkdfplkhehw.com [url=http://fnksgn.com]fnksgn[/url] [link=http://uzyhest.com]uzyhest[/link]

Dec 26, 2015 12:12 PM » posted by: Shiva
It's really sad when girls act like this. Everything your anctreoss fought for, to have the same rights as men, is wasted as soon as you start to degrade yourself. The reason a gynecocracy would never happen is because of all these dumb women right here. I am proud of who I am, and I sure as hell hope that this video will serve as a reminder to impressionable girls everywhere what the dangers of obsessing over your image are. http://hkdfplkhehw.com [url=http://fnksgn.com]fnksgn[/url] [link=http://uzyhest.com]uzyhest[/link]

Dec 22, 2015 10:56 PM » posted by: Larissa
i dont understand u at all how could u be not in a<a href="http://naenmthvhm.com"> rinetiolshap</a> if ur dating ur boss! plus shu khas go out do u mean have sex ?! thats what u kids these days call it ? and if u do wanna have sex jibo a good kind of condoms and dont use oil based lubricant thats called safe sex they teach u THIS in school ! and if he dsnt care come on ur smarter than staying with him w es eza ma we2if ma3ik bi hal 7ale ya3ne 7ayawen w plus li bi khoun mara kermelik bi khounik 3asher marat kermel ghayrik ! do u think that he's gonna divorce his wife???? this is my fav expression get ur head out of ur ass (again this is not an insult this is an expression! )

Dec 22, 2015 10:56 PM » posted by: Larissa
i dont understand u at all how could u be not in a<a href="http://naenmthvhm.com"> rinetiolshap</a> if ur dating ur boss! plus shu khas go out do u mean have sex ?! thats what u kids these days call it ? and if u do wanna have sex jibo a good kind of condoms and dont use oil based lubricant thats called safe sex they teach u THIS in school ! and if he dsnt care come on ur smarter than staying with him w es eza ma we2if ma3ik bi hal 7ale ya3ne 7ayawen w plus li bi khoun mara kermelik bi khounik 3asher marat kermel ghayrik ! do u think that he's gonna divorce his wife???? this is my fav expression get ur head out of ur ass (again this is not an insult this is an expression! )

Dec 22, 2015 10:56 PM » posted by: Larissa
i dont understand u at all how could u be not in a<a href="http://naenmthvhm.com"> rinetiolshap</a> if ur dating ur boss! plus shu khas go out do u mean have sex ?! thats what u kids these days call it ? and if u do wanna have sex jibo a good kind of condoms and dont use oil based lubricant thats called safe sex they teach u THIS in school ! and if he dsnt care come on ur smarter than staying with him w es eza ma we2if ma3ik bi hal 7ale ya3ne 7ayawen w plus li bi khoun mara kermelik bi khounik 3asher marat kermel ghayrik ! do u think that he's gonna divorce his wife???? this is my fav expression get ur head out of ur ass (again this is not an insult this is an expression! )

Dec 22, 2015 08:25 PM » posted by: Brytany
I am in the Medical Field and Mother of 3It is NOT hard all you have to do is keep track of your periods and know when you are ovunitalg..I had no trouble getting pregnant.. I had my first daughter July 12, 1991 Second Daughter July 1, 1992 and my Third daughter May 4, 1994Women who have problems are the ones that have NO idea when they are ovunitalg are really irregular or have medical conditions such as PID ( Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) or PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it pretty much impossible for them to get pregnant without help

Dec 22, 2015 08:25 PM » posted by: Brytany
I am in the Medical Field and Mother of 3It is NOT hard all you have to do is keep track of your periods and know when you are ovunitalg..I had no trouble getting pregnant.. I had my first daughter July 12, 1991 Second Daughter July 1, 1992 and my Third daughter May 4, 1994Women who have problems are the ones that have NO idea when they are ovunitalg are really irregular or have medical conditions such as PID ( Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) or PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it pretty much impossible for them to get pregnant without help

Dec 22, 2015 08:25 PM » posted by: Brytany
I am in the Medical Field and Mother of 3It is NOT hard all you have to do is keep track of your periods and know when you are ovunitalg..I had no trouble getting pregnant.. I had my first daughter July 12, 1991 Second Daughter July 1, 1992 and my Third daughter May 4, 1994Women who have problems are the ones that have NO idea when they are ovunitalg are really irregular or have medical conditions such as PID ( Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) or PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it pretty much impossible for them to get pregnant without help

Jul 26, 2014 10:15 PM » posted by: prakash
Mare choudvu 6e


Notice: All Comments are moderated, offensive or off-topic comments will be deleted.
You can also stay up to date using your favorite aggregator by subscribing to the RSS

Name: 
Text: 
Enter the code shown »