How to lose weight without starving yourself and keeping to certain foods? Here are the 10 easy steps to lose extra weight and improve your health:
- Eat your breakfast. Do not skip the first meal of the day, because numerous studies show that eating breakfast can actually keep you fit and help to aid weight loss. Breakfast prevents you from overeating in the middle of the day and in the evening. Eating breakfast is also healthy because it activates your metabolism and this helps you to lose weight.
- Have a salad during meals. Vegetables are important for health and particularly for weight loss. Vegetables are great source of fiber, antioxidants and other benefitial nutrients. Many people dislike veggies, especially when they are served plain. But there are many other ways to have your daily amount of vegetables, like adding them into your favorite meals like pasta, eating a vegetable salad or drinking a vegetable juice.
- Have several healthy snack options. If you feel hungry between the meals or simply like to crunch something, it is time to substitute unhealthy snack like chips or cookies with something more beneficial. Use fruits, yoghurt, dried fruits, nuts or whole grain crackers as snacks.
- Eat smaller portions more frequently. Try eating four or five times per day by decreasing the size of the meal instead of three big meals. This keeps your metabolism at the right level and prevents overeating.
- Eat slowly. It is important to chew all the food thoroughly and stop eating when you feel full. This will trick you mind into eating less and help your body signal about being full in time. Eating slowly prevents you from overfilling your stomach.
- Eat a variety of foods. Do not restrict yourself from eating fats or meat or other group of foods. Ideally, you need the foods from all the groups, including a little bit of fat, dairy, cereals, fruits and vegetables and proteins.
- Eat when you are really hungry. Many of us eat to relieve stress or to eat because of the habit of eating constantly. This leads to binge eating and considerable weight gain. Always listen to your body signals and eat to satisfy hunger and use other ways to beat stress.
- Turn the TV off while eating. The habit of eating with TV is not a good idea for a whole family. You got distracted by TV and you may not notice just how much you have eaten.
- Accept some little temptations. There is no need to avoid foods that you really like, even if they are full-fat or high-carb. The point is to eat just a small portion to satisfy your craving. Very often after several bites, the craving subsides and the food does not seem so desirable anymore.
- Drink water. Drinking water shortly before the meal helps to keep you fuller and tricks your body into eating less. Also water is necessary for your health and boosts your metabolism.