Sex, love and health
According to the study conducted by the specialists from the University of Ohio, sexual encounter with a partner you love has more benefits than sex without love. Scientists found that intimacy between partners who love each other leads to a significant decrease of cholesterol level in the blood.
It is known that during sex different hormones are secreted into the blood. Dopamine is one of the hormones released during sex between partners who love each other. In its turn, dopamine helps to lower the level of cholesterol in the body.
More than that, dopamine has a positive impact on human brain, having a sedative effect.
Otherwise, sex just as a simple satisfaction leads to the release of oxytocin and vasopressin in the body, contributing to the accumulation of lipids.
Health benefits of sex
- At the same time, according to the scientists, sex with or without love has a positive impact on your body if you suffer from insomnia and depression.
- Sex also improves you heart health. Recent studies at the Queens University showed that men older than 40-55 who had sex at least three times per week cut their risk of heart attack by half.
- Other study revealed that after having sex the level of insulin is increased, which in its turn, improves the metabolism of carbohydrates and helps to prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Regular sex leads to intense secretion of endorphins, having a pain relieving effect, which reduces the risk of developing depression.
- Sexually active people have higher level of antibodies in the blood, and that's why they rarely catch cold and flu.
- Sex is also perfect fitness training. During 30 minutes of passionate sex a person burns 200 calories.
- American scientists proved that couples, who have sex more than 3 times per week look 2 or 3 years younger than other people of their age who are abstinent.